Unconventional Career Tips From Professional Women
These nuggets of wisdom are both unconventional and some of the best advice received by five successful ladies who are making waves in their respective fields. As soon as we heard them we knew we had to share them with you below.
not based on or conforming to what is generally done or believed.
Merriam-Webster Dictionary, 2016
1. “I remember right after college my grandpa told me that focus wasn't everything. He said, ‘Sometimes when you're distracted it opens the door for you to realize you may be passionate about something else. It's ok to stray!’ That's the best advice I have ever received and it's a great reminder that we have a lot of untapped potential in all of us. Being too focused sometimes can hinder that.”
Audience Development & Partnerships Professional
2. “Don't be realistic. Push yourself further. It has helped the way I think of creative projects.”
Creative Manager and Photographer
3. “Don’t be tied down by the notion of a conventional career path. The right job for you may not yet exist. The best career is the one you create for yourself, and this will rarely follow a linear path.”
CEO, Events Company
4. "My own boss once told me to never turn down an interview. Even if I wasn’t looking for another job, she said it was important to constantly be aware of what was out there and at the very least a great way to practice my interview skills. It also helped to know my value and negotiate my salary. Knowledge is power.”
Business Development Director
5. "Rock the boat. Just because things have always been done that way, doesn't mean it's the best way. In my previous job the answer was always ‘well it has always been done this way’.”
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.